- monitoring plans
- Product line
- price comparison
- Vivint Smart Home
Recent update: 1 month ago
For a limited time, enjoy a free professional installation when you purchase a qualifying home security system from Vivint. Vivint's professional installation normally costs $199.
You can't put a price on home security. The peace of mind of knowing that your family and home are safe is priceless. That said, to enjoy that peace of mind, you'll need to invest in a quality home security system.
When it comes to quality, Vivint is one of the top options. It has a certain "premium" feel to it that seamlessly blends security features with impressive smart home automation to elevate the security of any home. And of course, with that comes a premium price to match.
Is Vivint a worthy investment? If you're among the curious, we'll get back to you right here on our Vivint pricing page, where we'll talk about your monitoring equipment and costs, features, and contract details. And just to give you a preview of what's to come: you definitely get what you pay for with Vivint.
Vivint Monitoring Services Pricing
Vivint's approach to home security is what makes it unique. It is not just a security system, but a smart security system. It incorporates traditional home security components with advanced smart home devices.security cameras. To take advantage of Vivint's smart home security features, you need equipment and a monitoring plan.
Rates will depend on your device and the features you want to access. Expect to pay a higher monthly fee if you want the full nine meters, meaning security sensors, room sensors, security cameras, and home automation.
Remember that all Vivint monitoring plans include 24/7 professional monitoring with cellular support. This means that whichever plan you choose, Vivint has you covered in terms of basic home security. In fact, you get more than that, as all plans also include access to the Vivint app so you can monitor and control your security system on the go.
However, as you add more equipment and upgrade your monitoring plan, you get progressively more features. You can, for example, control smart home components like smart thermostats and smart lights with Vivint's smart home monitoring plan or, as we mentioned earlier, gain access to security cameras with the video security plan.
However, it's also smart to consider whether you need a security system as robust as Vivint's. Many companies offer cheaper equipment and professional monitoring at much lower prices, so users can keep their monthly costs down. For example, if you go with aaddress packetA more minimalist security brand, you'll likely pay less per month for both equipment and monitoring than you would with Vivint.
Monitoring Packages Division
|plan details||cost per month|
|cloud video storage||2 weeks free; additional storage requires Vivint Smart Drive|
|Cellular network maintenance fee||$ 1,48|
|Maximum number of cameras allowed||7|
One of the most feared parts of getting security monitoring is signing the contract, a legal document that binds you to the service for an extended period of time. The contract is generally for three years, during which you cannot cancel your monitoring service without paying an early termination fee.
With Vivint, contracts can be flexible. If you can pay the cost of the equipment in advance, you will not be required to sign a contract. Instead, it will be month-to-month, so you can cancel at any time with no penalties.
Please note that a monitoring subscription is required for a Vivint system to work, so as soon as you cancel monitoring, your security system will stop working. Still, if you want the flexibility of a month-to-month contract, paying for equipment up front will work in your favor.
That said, as you'll discover below, Vivint's gear isn't the cheapest. For many, the only way to afford a security system is to finance it. In this case, you will need to sign a contract equivalent to the term of your loan, which can be between 48 and 60 months.
The advantage of this approach is that you won't be paying a significant down payment for the equipment. Instead, the cost of the equipment fee will be added to your monthly monitoring fee in easier-to-pay installments.
In any case, it is always a good practice to ask your sales representative about the details of your contract whenbuy a security system.
What we like about Vivint
- Free and professional installation:Vivint professionals will install your security system for you, although you will pay $129 if you move and need to reinstall it.
- Smart Home Integrations:living home automationallows the system to pair with Alexa, the Google Assistant, Philips Hue smart lighting, and Nest thermostats, allowing for some convenient automated actions.
- Exterior camera and video intercom:The company's latest products are among the best in terms of video quality and artificial intelligence. take a look at ourVivint Doorbell Camera ReviewLearn more.
- Application:The Vivint Smart Home app makes it easy to monitor and control your home security from anywhere in the world.
Vivint equipment prices
Quality smart home security means investing in trusted devices that have been tried and tested by our experts. With Vivint, you can choose exactly what equipment you want, which will determine your monthly fee. If that fee is out of your budget, don't worry; you can find many ways to save at Vivint all year long. Before you buy, be sure to check out our guide toVivint offers throughout the yearand our guide toOfertas Vivint Black Friday y Cyber Monday.
Discounts aside, Vivint has financing plans so you can pay on time. We recommend choosing a bundle, as this will save you money compared to buying each piece of equipment individually, but for your convenience we will share the price of both.
Vivint Package Pricing
When it comes to equipment, one of theVivint FAQis, "How much is all this going to cost me?" Well, the answer depends on the equipment you want to buy, but also how you pay.
The standard option is to finance your team, which locks you into a contract but allows you to spread the team fee (sometimes $2,000 or more) over four or five years. Considering the high cost of Vivint's equipment and the fact that the system only works when you have a professional monitoring subscription, financing makes more practical sense. See how it works:
When financing with Vivint, users will pay a fixed monthly fee (generally less than $60 per month) for equipment and monitoring during the term of the financing period. Then, after the financing period is over, the equipment is completely yours and the monthly costs should be significantly reduced. If you are looking for a lower monthly rate for the entire system, we suggest you do your research.Cove DIY Security Kits, or even a super low costdoorbell alarm package.
|Component||Retail price||Cost per month with 60-month financing plan|
|smart drive||$ 250||$ 4,17|
|car guard||$ 200||$ 3,33|
|Smoke detector||$ 100||$ 1,67|
|CO detector||$ 100||$ 1,67|
|Smoke detector and carbon monoxide monitor||$ 100||$ 1,67|
|smart lock||$ 180||$ 3|
|garage door controller||$ 100||$ 1,67|
|Vivint Smart Thermostat||$ 170||$ 2,83|
|lamp module||$ 50||$ 0,83|
|Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro||$ 250||$ 4,17|
|professional outdoor camera||$ 400||$ 6,67|
|Vivint Ping Indoor Camera||$ 200||$ 3,33|
|Vivint Indoor Camera Pro||$ 200||$ 3,33|
|professional projector||$ 250||$ 6,67|
|water sensor||$ 50||$ 0,83|
|Flood/Freeze/Heat Sensor||$ 50||$ 0,83|
|smart sensor||$ 50||$ 0,83|
|panic pendant||$ 50||$ 0,83|
|Key ring||$ 50||$ 0,83|
|inclination sensor||$ 50||$ 0,83|
Sure, Vivint isn't the cheapest option, but home security is one area where you shouldn't skimp. Be sure to check out ourlive reviewbefore making any rash decisions anyway!
Vivint has a number of packages to choose from with a wide range of prices. Choosethe right system for you.
Living vs. Competence
As a security company, Vivint is a lot like ADT and other more traditional alarm companies. This is reflected in Vivint's pricing. If you compare it to a DIY security system like Cove and SimpliSafe, Vivint is really a premium brand. If you put it next to ADT, you'll notice that Vivint isn't that much more expensive. Like ADT, Vivint's monthly rates are less than $60 per month. In addition, you will have the option to pay for your equipment over the years through financing. Most DIY systems do not have this option.
That being said, one of the downsides to Vivint is that it doesn't allow for self-monitoring, which is typical of traditional alarm companies. You can only use the features of a Vivint system with a professional monitoring plan. Once you cancel your plan, you will no longer have access to alerts, smartphone controls, and live video streaming. However, when you consider what you're getting out of a monitoring plan, and consider the quality of the Vivint team, you're definitely getting your money's worth with Vivint.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:If you're looking for a simple and affordable security system, Vivint might not be the best option. consider one ofbest diy security systemsrather, particularlyCove Affordable Packages.
In terms of equipment, Vivint's prices are also up to par, although the price of some components is negotiable. Take the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, for example. It costs $399.99 and althoughit is top of the line in terms of qualityIn addition, most outdoor cameras are around $200. Similarly, the Vivint Doorbell Pro is $299.99, which is a bit more expensive than the industry average of around $188. Vivint, expect to pay hundreds for the equipment and at least $39.99 more per month. It's certainly not for everyone, but if you can afford Vivint's premium price, you'll also enjoy premium features and equipment.
How does Vivint fit into your smart home?
In addition to working with Philips Hue smart lighting and Nest thermostats, Vivint primarily works with Alexa and Google Assistant, the two most popular voice assistants. Let's talk about the commands you can use with each one.
Living, one ofbest security systems for alexa, has more than one Alexa skill. We recommend the Vivint.SmartHome – Complete Alexa skill as it allows us to control most of our connected Vivint devices using just our voices, creating a much more convenient home. Here are some example commands:
- Alexa, turn on my lights.
- Alexa, arm my security system "off."
- Alexa, set the temperature to 70 degrees.
- Alexa, turn up the room temperature.
- Alexa, close my garages.
- Alexa, close the door to my house.
- Alexa, show me the doorbell camera.
This is a super comprehensive list of features, so if you're into the Amazon ecosystem, you'll no doubt enjoy integrating Vivint into the mix.
Vivint's integration with the Google Assistant is also super complete, allowing you to control cameras, garage doors, lights, locks, thermostats, and of course, security systems. In fact, Vivint is also one of thebest security systems compatible with Google Assistant. Here are some commands:
- OK Google, turn up the thermostat.
- Hey Google, open the front door.
- Ok Google, weapon security.
- OK Google, show the front door camera on the TV in the living room.
The integration between the Google Assistant and Vivint security cameras particularly impressed us. It allows us to view live feeds from our cameras on our Nest Hub and Nest Hub Max easily. you can read ourNest Hub reviewmiNest Hub Max reviewfor more details on how the camera integrations work.
Other smart home devices
Vivint also offers a number of add-on devices that integrate with your smart home security system so you can control them with the Vivint app, control panel, or your voice. Examples are:
- Kwikset Smart Locks:In addition to using a key, you can control Kwikset smart locks using the Vivint app, your voice, with the help of voice assistants or numeric codes. This means that the chances of you being locked out of the house will decrease. Plus, you'll receive notifications if you or anyone else leaves the door open, alleviating the anxiety of trying to remember if you locked the door. Also, you can program the lock to activate other connected devices; for example, disarming the security system when the door is unlocked. You can also let people in when no one is home. You can create up to 30 unique codes for guests to use, which is much more secure than leaving a key under the welcome mat.
- garage door controller:Do you have a garage? This controller allows you to open and close your garage doors remotely and notify you if you leave your garage doors open. As cases of package theft increase, garage door openers can come in handy. Instead of having delivery guys leave packages on your front porch, you can let them into your driveway and leave your packages there. Plus, Vivint garage door controllers have tamper alarms, so you'll receive alerts if someone tries to tamper with them. Let's be honest: your garage is part of your home, and Vivint understands that it needs protection, too.
- Vivint Element Thermostat:Smart thermostats are some of our favorite types of connected devices. The reason? They can save money on heating and cooling costs by using schedules, detecting your location using your phone's GPS, and even incorporating information about the weather outside your home. Of course, you'll be able to control your home's temperature via the Vivint app or voice commands, but you'll also be able to get alerts of any temperature changes (like your wife turning up the dial again). The Element Thermostat even senses humidity, not just temperature, as this can be a big factor in how hot a room feels.
- Nest E Thermostat:Vivint also offers a Google Nest smart thermostat, one of the best smart home companies around. Or, if you already have one, you can integrate it into your new Vivint system. Over time, the Nest Thermostat can learn its settings without you having to program it, a rare feature when it comes to smart thermostats. By sensing motion and passive infrared heat, this thermostat knows when someone is home and even what room they're in. Plus, you'll be able to connect it to your phone's GPS, control it manually via the Vivint or Nest apps, or use your trusted voice assistant to control your home's temperature. With so many easily accessible options, it's no wonder Nest thermostats can save an average of 10-12% on heating and up to 15% on cooling, according to independent research.for study1.
- Philips Hue smart lighting:Philips Hue is perhaps the best-known lighting brand in the country, and smart lighting is its forte. Take the Philips Hue White and Color bulb, for example. Not only will you be able to dim it and set it to 16 million different color options, but you'll also be able to program your lights just like your thermostats. Or you can sync them with other connected devices, like turning on bathroom lights when the garage door opens. You can even sync your lights with sunrise and sunset or with your phone's GPS!
While many of Vivint's smart home products come from third-party brands, the good thing is that you'll be able to control everything from the Vivint Smart Home app and touchscreen panel, as well as through voice assistants. Vivint is more than a security company; is a smart home brand passionate about making your life easier. With all the smart home equipment and integrations it offers, it has the potential to make your life more convenient.
Having tested and used Vivint for over a year, we like how it helps keep our home safe. With 24/7 professional support, we know there is always someone by our side in an emergency; that's why Vivint continues to be one of ourThe best smart home systemsevery year. While Vivint may not make much sense as a local alarm system, for those who want professional monitoring, remote control, notifications, and other features of a 24/7 smart home security system the week, Vivint is a viable option.
Vivint doesn't stop at home security. They are a smart home company with tons of speakers, environmental monitors, smart locks, and other IoT devices to choose from.explore your options.
After putting Vivint to the test, we've answered some of the questions our readers often ask about Vivint pricing.
- How much does Vivint cost per month?
Vivint starts at $39.99, regular price. Here's a breakdown of Vivint's monitoring plans.
plan components Cost Base price $44.99/mes common discounts $14.99, $19.99, $29.99/mes Vivint Smart Drive (complemento) $250 per advance or $4.17/month video storage Included (2 weeks of storage per month) setup fee Included with purchase Car guard (additional) $3.33/mes Vivint Smart Thermostat (add-on) $3.33/mes
- Is Vivint worth the money?
Vivint is worth the money, according to our tests. It's one of the more expensive security systems we've tested, but it's a solid choice for anyone who wants a system with 24/7 monitoring and an intuitive smartphone app for remote control. Vivint also does well when it comes to home automation, and Vivint's cameras are better than most other security cameras we've tested in terms of features. Vivint's video doorbell and outdoor camera, in particular, use artificial intelligence to better protect homes.
- How much does a Vivint security system cost?
A Vivint security system costs between $1,799.99 for a simple system and $1,999.99 for one with home automation and security cameras. Vivint systems are more expensive than other security systems, but Vivint customers have the option to split the price into 42 or 60 monthly payments with Vivint equipment financing. With financing, you can get a security system for as little as $39 a month. Of course, the drawback is that you will have to sign a long-term contract.
- Can Vivint be traded?
You can trade with Vivint before signing a contract with the company. For example, you can negotiate a month-to-month contract instead of a 60-month contract if you pay for the equipment up front instead of financing it.(Video) How Much Does Home Security Cost? | What You Should Expect To Pay for a Security System